Ultra Rapid RT-PCR Test- Accula SARS-CoV-2 Test
- This test has 97% sensitivity and 99% specificity.
- Ultra Rapid —RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2 results in ~30 minutes.
- This is a rapid PCR test. A nasal mid-turbinate swab sample will be collected. You be asked you to tilt your head back (~70 degrees) then we will gently insert the swab into the nostril until resistance is met at the turbinates. We will firmly rotate the mid-turbinate swab several times against the nasal wall (~ 10 times). This sampling procedure will be repeated in the other nostril.
- In the event your result is negative, but you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, your healthcare provider will consider the test result together with all other aspects of your medical history (such as symptoms, possible exposures, and geographical location of places you have recently traveled) in deciding how to care for you.
- For more information regarding your results, click the following link: https://www.fda.gov/media/136355/download.
- What is the cost of testing?
- $125 - Professional Pharmacy does not accept insurance for this test.
- When should you expect your results?
- Results are available SAME DAY. Official testing documentation is provided for those that need it.
All results will be emailed within 2-4 hours of your scheduled appointment time.
- What to do the day of your appointment?
- If exposed or symptomatic, call the pharmacy (410-687-8113) on arrival - see map detailing where to park the day of testing.
If testing for travel purposes, call the pharmacy (410-687-8113) on arrival and you will be directed to the pharmacy
1. Proceed to the address listed below:
- 9106 Philadelphia Rd
- Baltimore, MD 21237-4331
- Professional Pharmacy
2. While remaining inside your vehicle, please call 410-687-8113 to obtain further instructions from pharmacy staff. At this point, the pharmacy staff will obtain information such as a vehicle description. At this time, the pharmacy staff is available to answer any questions that you may have. All questions that you have should be presented to the pharmacy at the time of this contact.
3. Please remain in your vehicle throughout the entire process. Note: the pharmacy may be obtaining multiple samples at the time of your appointment, please be patient and allow us to come to you. If you have concerns, please feel free to call back into the store and we will get a message out to the specimen collection team.