Covid-19 RT-PCR Saliva Test
- Reverse transcriptase real-time PCR assay designed for the detection of SARS-CoV-2
- FDA authorized under the Emergency Use Authorization
- Painless and easy to perform testing
- Results are available online within 48 hours of the lab receiving the sample
- Most airlines and travel agencies require this test for travel
What is the cost of testing?
- Professional Pharmacy does not accept insurance for this test
- When should you expect your results?
- Your sample will be sent to a lab for processing. Once received, results will be available online within 48 hours of the lab receiving the sample
- What to do the day of your appointment?
- Attached is a map detailing where to park the day of testing.
Please do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum 30 minutes prior to your test.
1. Proceed to the address listed below:
9106 Philadelphia Rd
Baltimore, MD 21237-4331
2. Once you have arrived, please park at the back of the 9106 building (see attached image)
3. While remaining inside your vehicle, please call 410-687-8113 to obtain further instructions from pharmacy staff. At this point, the pharmacy staff will obtain information such as a vehicle description and payment information. At this time, the pharmacy staff is available to answer any questions that you may have. All questions that you have should be presented to the pharmacy at the time of this contact.
4. Please remain in your vehicle throughout the entire process. Note: the pharmacy may be obtaining multiple samples at the time of your appointment, please be patient and allow us to come to you. If you have concerns, please feel free to call back into the store and we will get a message out to the specimen collection team.
- 5. Once the sample collector has arrived at your vehicle:
- The pharmacist will ask to see your identification. Once verified, you will be asked to roll down your window.
- We will then provide you with the test kit
- Pull down your mask
- Perform the test:
- Open package and remove collector without touching the sponge tip. Place the sponge as far back in the mouth as comfortable and rub along the lower gums in a back and forth motion. Rub the gums 10 times without rubbing the teeth.
- Gently repeat the process along the lower gums on the opposite side of the mouth for an additional 10 times.
- Turn the cap upside down, insert the sponge into the tube and close cap tightly.
- Invert the capped tube and shake vigorously 15 times.
- Give the sample back to the pharmacist
- 5.Please refrain from talking during this process as it increases transmission of virus
- After the specimen is collected, the collection team will send your sample off to a laboratory for analysis.
- Your results will be available within 48 hours of the lab receiving you sample.